Watermelon can contribute to losing fat significantly. Being in calorie deficit is an effective way to lose fat. Burning more calories than we consume is the way to get into calorie deficit. Getting into calorie deficit or lowering calorie intake is not easy. Watermelon can be a great facilitator in lowering calorie intake and getting into calorie deficit.
The American Dietetic Association suggests that watermelon is ideal food for losing belly fat. Drinking two glasses of watermelon juice for eight weeks can help reduce fat, particularly belly fat, without reduction in muscle mass, as found out in a study by the University of Kentucky. Whether watermelon can burn fat directly, is actually still subject to ongoing research. Unless there is plenty of strong evidences, it may not be appropriate to conclusively say that watermelon does or does not burn fat directly. However, it definitely helps lose fat indirectly by means of aiding calorie deficit
Low Calorie Food
When you are searching low calorie foods, no other foods can satisfy your purpose as much as watermelon. It is a water filled fruit that provides plenty of water along with some nutrients. Almost 91% of this fruit is water. This watery characteristics makes it low energy dense foods. This kind of food helps to burn fat as you consume too much volume with small amount calorie. When you consume watery fruit your body retain more fluid that makes you feel full providing less calorie. Besides it reduces blood pressure, heart diseases and protects some kind of cancers.
Watermelon is very low in calorie. Consumption of watermelon can keep calorie intake significantly lower than consumption of other food can. Energy density of watermelon is 0.3 calorie per gram. Snacking on watermelon rather than junk food can be helpful in keep calorie intake very low. Eating watermelon is favorable to being in calorie deficit. Reducing 500 calories a day can help lose one pound over a week, as pointed out in Harvard Health Publications.
Calories burned by watermelon
One cup of diced watermelon contains 46 calories. It supplies 11.5 g carb and little amount of protein, calcium and potassium. You can eat a lot of amount of it with various nutrients consuming very low calorie.
It is easy to become dehydrated. When body becomes dehydrated, it retains fluid. Fluid retention causes bloating. Fluid retention or bloating is not fat gain but bloating makes belly look bigger. About ninety percent of watermelon is water. It helps stay hydrated and fight fluid retention.
Eating less is favorable to low calorie intake and losing weight. However, it is not easy to eat less when we are hungry. Some of the foods can help feel full for longer and eat less naturally. Watermelon is one such food that can prolong feeling of fullness. Watermelon contains fiber, which slows digestion and enhances satiety. Watermelon is also high in water content which helps extends the feeling of fullness. Water from food can make stomach function slower, which prolongs satisfaction from a meal.
Watermelon and Numerous Health Benefits
- Watermelon helps cleanse body. Apart from benefit for weight loss, it has many other health benefits. It is a great source of nutrients and energy for human body. American Council on Exercise recommended it as a good choice as diet.
- Fat cells hold acid and toxicity. When body is acidic, it cannot let go of fat cells. Watermelon is highly alkaline-forming in the body.
- Watermelon has fiber, which is helpful in keeping the colon clean.
- Watermelon contains potassium. It helps balance high amount of sodium that our diets contain. It is good for kidneys.
- Watermelon has almost no fat. It does not just keep calorie content low but also enhances digestion, which is a necessary factor in a lean and clean body.
- Watermelon can help reduce inflammation, which contributes to arthritis, colon cancer, diabetes, atherosclerosis and asthma.
- Watermelon has L-citrulline/L-arginine. It is amino acid, which can lower blood pressure and decrease risks of heart disease, as pointed out in Medical news today. It is rich in vitamin C, A, B-6, thiamine. It also has lycopene, a phytochemical that may offer protection against some types of cancer.
- Watermelon is an inexpensive means to lose weight and cleanse body. There is variety of ways and recipes to consume watermelon. It is clearly a good idea to incorporate watermelon into diet regularly.
- One watermelon almost 900 g.
- One glass Prosecco or cava
- Two tbsp. lemon juice
- One tbsp. lime zest
- Two tbsp. mint
- Sugar syrup
Firstly keep the watermelon in the fridge overnight. Then blend watermelon, prosecco, lemon juice, zest until it becomes smooth. Add sugar to syrup. Now you can pour down into with mint.