Dried corn is converted into powder and then it is called cornmeal. It is eaten with certain recipe like bread, pancakes. It is used to make polenta or grits. People who have gluten sensitivity can get relieve with cornmeal.
Cornmeal is such a food that should be kept in every meal you take. But unfortunately people take this low fat foods with lots of fatty foods like butter. It is very high fiber and low fat foods that keeps satisfying. It also curbs appetite. One of the reason of curbing appetite is, it is hard to digest. Its insoluble fiber helps to reduce constipation problem. It increases metabolism process.
Calorie Content in Cornmeal
One tbsp. of cornmeal contains 40 calories. It contains Fat .3 g, carb 8.3 g, dietary fiber .7 g and protein 1.0 g.
- 9 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal or polenta
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, at room temperature
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
Take some water in a pot and add salt. Now add cornmeal and reduce the heat to cook slowly. Stir it until it become thick. Then remove it from heat and mix with cheese, butter, milk, parsley. Stir the mixture until butter and cheese become melted. Sprinkle some salt and pepper then serve.